Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fun forms

These forms were created by filling pantyhose (tan colour) with rice, or in 3 of them, oats.
The oats just plain sucked. They didn't give the forms any weight or nice rounded shape, and they were too coarse. The pantyhose was cut in sections and tied off
The rice on the other hand was amazing! It filled the pantyhose beautifully, giving it a great weighty form, very similar to body fat or breasts.

But due to rice being painfully expensive, I had to try and find another filling type material. Sadly I only had access to a coarse building type sand. It gave a similar form but was far more coarse and, naturally, would leave imprints in the sand where they were held or pushed together instead of taking their own shape. And for some reason i can't find my photo's of these. They looked interesting but they sand held moisture too much and was a lot darker colour. I preferred the colour of the rice which was slightly tinted by the tan of the pantyhose.
I hope to continue experimenting with this idea, particularly when I get more cash to pay for so much rice (it took so much rice to fill a single tied off 'sack').


No comments:

Post a Comment