Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bigger

Playing with layering the separate pasta objects.

I want to cover an entire area, a LARGE area with this and have it back lit. There's been suggestions of making it come out of a wall, making a wall in itself or covering a surface or pillar. Gotta try these. Will be fun.
Also suggested that I should colour it. I really don't want to. I feel that painting the pasta will make it look too much like a macaroni picture or childs play and retract from the beauty of the natural material.

The sun behind the pasta is really quite beautiful. I thought I'd lose some of glow the more I stuck together the pasta, but it's still there. And now that I think about it, there's no reason why it would disappear. It doesn't necessarily get thicker, just wider. The object is as wide as the pasta is.

Sadly this pasta object broke in half today as I moved it into our life room at Uni. A little pissed off about it, but oh well, I can make another just as easily. But this one will never really be created the same again!

No comments:

Post a Comment