Friday, November 12, 2010

Exhibition piece


Held up by 5 blocks of wood. Very nerve wrecking, particularly when it creaks.



You can see the lighting underneath it and that's just too distracting.
I also had to use a mirror to spread the light because the lights I was using shone only in a point and wouldn't difuse or spread, which was what I wanted (which was what the sun would do! Pity I couldn't have a substitute sun under my work)

Did enjoy it with a glow!




The sun shining through the pasta from underneath. And the lighting I considered having (using down lights, but I eneded up ditching the idea cuz the wires were too hard to hide and they looked hideous!)


I did enjoy my piece being near the window in the studio space but it ended up being moved to the other side of the room..I suppose it was ok! Difficult to move though, and very scary! So worried it would break.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Yes, illumination of artworks, especially backlighting, is so difficult. I have found lately that lighting is the most challenging aspect to obtaining a successful sculpture. This work is really stunning. I'm sure you'll work out the technicalities.

    ReplyDelete